Hi! I’m the Office Manager at Yost Family Chiropractic (located in Urbandale, IA). I’ve been a Chiropractic Assistant and a part of this team since 2006! When I started this job, I had NO IDEA I’d like my job and have as much fun as I do every day…and that is thanks to the WONDERFUL team I work with and the FABULOUS patients that allow us to be a part of their healthcare and lives. To give you an idea of my many roles I take part in each day would be next to impossible! I’ve scrubbed toilets, done laundry, answered phones, scheduled appointments, verified and billed with insurance companies, fixed computers, and been a listening ear for others…with everything else in between! :) I absolutely LOVE what I do and appreciate knowing that while Chiropractors are improving lives every day, SO AM I! Learn more about where I spend my day by visiting www.YostFamilyChiropractic.com.
February 14th is JUST around the corner…VALENTINE’s DAY!When you think of Valentine’s Day, what comes to mind?For most, it’s finding the perfect gift for that special someone…which means, it’s the perfect time to help make this conquest easy for your Practice Members by offering something for them to gift!
You could do this in a couple of different ways; either by holding an event with a New Patient special, some kind of Gift Certificate that includes a fun gift with purchase, OR BOTH!
Event with New Patient Special: “ValenSpine’s Week!”
Start planning TODAY!Ideally you’ll want 4 weeks prior to the event for planning, but this is definitely one that can be whipped up very quickly, in case you are reading this with not enough time.To get the most out of your event, you’ll want to start marketing it (spreading the word) to your Practice Members two weeks prior.Pick the week to celebrate ValenSpine’s (Feb 13th-18th, 2012), come up with a fun coupon to pass out to your current practice members and just explain that “We are here to help you and your loved ones feel great and adopt healthy habits!If you have found chiropractic care valuable for yourself, may we ask that you share this coupon with your personal recommendation to your friends & family?Thanks for helping us help more people!”
Gift Certificate with Gift with Purchase:
You can do this with a New Patient Chiropractic Special, or to do something even a little different than the usual, if your office offers alternative healings, such as massage or acupuncture, what about coming up with a fun massage and/or acupuncture package that includes a gift with purchase (Valentine’s gift basket).This makes Valentine’s shopping stress-fee yet very satisfying! Again, begin spreading the word about this AT LEAST two weeks before, if not even a little earlier for those early-bird shoppers!
By spreading the word/marketing, I mean passing out flyers to all Practice Members while they are in your office, sharing on any social media sites you utilize, and sending an email tid-bit about it to your mailing list.
Have a Blessed ValenSpine’s Day!~Katie Ramsey
"Roses are red, Violets are blue, Your back likes Chiropractic, And your heart does too!"
It’s OCTOBER….which means it is time to begin your marketing calendar planning for 2012. Having a written marketing plan for each month will keep your office in check to make sure your marketing strategy includes the right mixture of patient education, screenings, patient referral promotions, in-office events, outside-office events, community outreach, social media outreach, search engine optimization, newsletter mailing and so on.
Start by listing out the 12 months. Have a theme for each month and base most of the marketing during this month towards your theme. Goal for 1 small internal office event per month, like a “spine & dine day.” Second, goal for 1 big internal office event per month, such as a holiday themed event. Then set a goal for how many internal and external talks your office wants per month. Same with screenings. Also list out thank you’s you’ll be sending, letters/notes to other healthcare providers, birthday cards, etc. Having a theme for each month will give you ideas for the patient education and referral promotions you can apply. List everything clearly on your marketing calendar so when you plan the month before, most of the work is done….you just need to apply the systems!
I’ve heard some offices say that they take off December from marketing because patients are busy with the holidays, or June/July because it’s the beginning of summer and families are so busy with vacations. Truth be told, you should never take off time from marketing! Take advantage of the holidays and change of weather to promote fun and exciting marketing ideas in your office. Creating a reliable marketing plan will bring your office a steady stream of patients and chiropractic referrals!
Eight years ago I went into the studio and recorded a 56-minute video for teenagers called "Three Keys to Greatness." Although my focus was for teenagers, the principles I shared certainly apply to adults as well.
Recently I was asked to list these three keys using a couple sentences for each. Now for your benefit here they are again.
1) Setting Goals. I call it the view of the future. Most people, including kids, will pay the price if they can see the promise of the future. So we need to help our kids see a well-defined future, so they will be motivated to pay the price today to attain the rewards of tomorrow. Goals help them do this.
2) Personal Development. Simply making consistent investments in our self-education and knowledge banks pays major dividends throughout our lives. I suggest having a minimum amount of time set aside for reading books, listening to audiocassettes, attending seminars, keeping a journal and spending time with other successful people. Charlie “Tremendous” Jones says you will be in five years the sum total of the books you read and the people you are around.
3) Financial Planning. I call it the 70/30 plan. After receiving your paycheck or paying yourself, set aside 10 percent for saving, 10 percent for investing and 10 percent for giving, and over time this will guarantee financial independence for a teenager.
If a young person, or for that matter an adult, focused on doing these three simple things over a long period of time I believe they will be assured success!
Social media icons and links are what I like to call “social stamps” and these types of stamps belong everywhere!
Social stamps should be on everything you handout and use on a regular basis:
• Email signatures
• Business Cards
• Appointment reminder cards
• Event Flyers
• The list goes on and on and on….!
In case you are wondering why would I put social stamps on an appointment card, well the answer is simple! One of the main goals of social media is to connect with patients, colleagues, friends, vendors, etc through your social media channels. You NEED to be advertising your office is present on these channels so you can get the full benefits of your time spent on these different sites (facebook, twitter, you tube, linkden, etc).
So in closing, when you return to your offices on Tuesday, start by adding social stamps to everything you use and do! If you would like a copy of what a sample would look like for email, appointment cards, etc, email me at KatieAnnRamsey@ymail.com.
Facebook is not just for keeping up with friends and family, playing games and taking quizzes….it’s an extremely successful business tool! It’s helpful for spreading the word about what your business has to offer, connecting with current and potential patients, sharing information about upcoming events, and much more!
First and foremost, establish a business account/page that is different from your personal profile, if you already have one that is.
1. Upload & post professional pictures of the doctors, staff, events, adjustments…you get the idea! Tag fans in photos.
2. Post your newsletter subscription information to help encourage new subscribers!
3. Post office updates on your page’s wall. A few examples of good quality posts: a. Dr. Heather will be in the clinic tomorrow at 12pm for adjustments to help get everyone's power turned on before this weekends’ festivities! Call 278-YOST(9678) to schedule your holiday adjustment! b. The next few days are going to be hot ones with a heat watch starting 1pm tomorrow. Make sure to stay hydrated! Craving flavor instead of plain water? Add cucumbers, strawberries, orange slices or a lime to a pitcher/glass of water for a healthy, flavorful, and hydrating drink! c. Nighttime sleep is when your body replenishes and restores. If you or a loved one suffers from insomnia, contact 278-YOST (9678). A very frequent benefit from chiropractic care is improved rest!
4. Create Facebook events for what’s going on in the office and publish them regularly on your wall to help encourage attendees and extended marketing for your events! Invite who you want, then you can see who’s RSVP’ed and even get feedback from attendees. Marketing doesn’t get easier or cheaper than this!
5. Post useful articles, recipes & links to gain respect and credibility for your page.
6. Create a YouTube account. Begin recording videos of the doctor doing Q&A, or even simpler, record an adjustment. Post to YouTube and synch your page with your YouTube account.
7. When networking in your community, you can use Facebook as an easy way to follow up and communicate with who you’ve met.
8. Share supplements or products you offer on your wall.
9. Share any discounts or package deals you are offering.
10. Post your office’s website to increase traffic to your website!
11. Suggest your page to your friends so they can LIKE it! Pages can have unlimited number of fans, where a profile is maxed at 5,000 friends.
12. Will your office hours be altered due to a seminar the team is attending? Or closed for the holiday? Update your fans on your wall! a. YFC will be closed Saturday, July 2nd and Monday, July 4th in honor of Independence Day! Please schedule your appointments accordingly and be sure to have your “power turned on” before this weekends’ festivities!
13. Post motivational and inspirational quotes on your wall. This will inspire and uplift your fans!
14. Do you collect testimonials from your patients? As long your patient signs approval to use it for marketing, share their success story with your Facebook fans!
Sooooo….there are thousands and thousands of users on Facebook this very minute! How are you going to share with them what your office has to offer? It really is this easy!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me directly at KatieAnnRamsey@ymail.com. PS- I love feedback! : )