Welcome!

Hi! Welcome to Chiro Assistant 101! Here you will recieve FREE practice building tips, advice specifically for CA's, and MORE! Enjoy! :)

About Me

My photo
Hi! I’m the Office Manager at Yost Family Chiropractic (located in Urbandale, IA). I’ve been a Chiropractic Assistant and a part of this team since 2006! When I started this job, I had NO IDEA I’d like my job and have as much fun as I do every day…and that is thanks to the WONDERFUL team I work with and the FABULOUS patients that allow us to be a part of their healthcare and lives. To give you an idea of my many roles I take part in each day would be next to impossible! I’ve scrubbed toilets, done laundry, answered phones, scheduled appointments, verified and billed with insurance companies, fixed computers, and been a listening ear for others…with everything else in between! :) I absolutely LOVE what I do and appreciate knowing that while Chiropractors are improving lives every day, SO AM I! Learn more about where I spend my day by visiting www.YostFamilyChiropractic.com.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

MISSED APPOINTMENTS 101

What happens when you have a patient mapped out for their appointments and then they forget about it? They MISS it. Read on to find successful suggestions to getting the MISSED APPOINTMENT rescheduled and more importantly redefining the patient’s health care goals.

Phone Call #1:
When a patient misses an appointment, call them 15 minutes after their scheduled appointment time.

Patient DOES NOT answer their phone: Hang up and call again at the end of day. (See Phone Call #2)

Patient ANSWERS phone: “Hi Charlotte, this is Katie with Yost Family Chiropractic. We had you scheduled at 8am today and we missed you. Was this appointment scheduled okay?” Patient gives you reason for missing appointment. “I understand. Let’s get you rescheduled!” Always expect the patient will be re-scheduling this appointment rather than asking “Would you like to reschedule?” Before ending the call with the patient, make sure to redefine your expectations: “Okay Charlotte, we will see you tomorrow at noon. If anything changes, please let me know that way I can open this appointment time up for someone else. Thanks and see you tomorrow!”
Phone Call #2:
This phone call should be the 2nd attempt of getting a hold of the patient that same day before you are closing down the office.

Patient DOES NOT answer their phone: “Hi Charlotte, this is Katie with Yost Family Chiropractic. We had you scheduled at 8am earlier today and we missed you. I wanted to check if this appointment was scheduled okay for you and if I can help reschedule this appointment? Remember, missing ONE appointment can set you back at least 1 week on your care plan. Please call me back at ______.”

Patient ANSWERS phone: “Hi Charlotte, this is Katie with Yost Family Chiropractic. We had you scheduled at 8am earlier today and we missed you. Was this appointment scheduled okay?” – “I understand. Let’s get you rescheduled! Would you like this same time on Friday?” -- “Great, we will see you at 8am on Friday. If anything changes, please let me know that way I can open this appointment time up for someone else. Thanks and see you Friday!”


________________________________________


Please know that they are numerous reasons why a patient will miss an appointment. This suggested scripting is based on a case that the patient truly forgot and WANTS to reschedule. Stay tuned to Chiro Assistants 101’s BLOG for “HANDLING Missed Appointments 101.”

In the meantime, if you have ANY questions, e-mail me at KatieAnnRamsey@ymail.com.

1 comment: